Friday, July 3, 2009

Douay-Rheims etc.

So I've been spending a wee bit of money lately, and got an old Douay-Rheims...which is awesome! I'm working up a collection of good translations to keep in a prayer room/library. I suppose I should pick up a Vulgate at some point, then learn some Latin. In any case, the next thing I desperately want is a Liber Usualis, but...the cheapest one I can find is $110 online! I'm not sure if I want one badly enough to pay that much...It's free online and all, but...I would love a hard copy. Hmm

Other interesting pickups of late:

Both old and new St. Joseph's Daily Missals
An Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis deSales
Apologia Pro Vita Sua by John Henry Cardinal Newman

Wish I had more time to read and study them over the summer!

-Arialdus

No comments:

Post a Comment

fancy web counter
free hit counter code